When I was writing yesterday's post, I found several references for "Self-renewal Day," but they were on different days. That actually makes good sense, since any day can be a day of self-renewal. But since February 2 is the first one I found, I'm writing about it today. Feel free to self-renew any other days of the year, as well.Try these tips to recharge, renew, rejuvenate:
- Smile when you first wake up, no matter how you feel.
- At different times during the day, take three deep breaths.
- Instead of turning on the radio or TV, sit quietly, even for a few minutes. Breathe slowly and notice what you see and hear.
- Say "thanks" to some part of your body for what it does for you. If you get a laugh out of this, all the better.
- Gently place your hands on top of your head, with your fingers together and slightly cupped. Hold in a relaxed way for a few seconds or minutes.
- Go outside or sit beside an open window. Feel the fresh air on your face. Smile again.