Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Perfect 10

Sunday, October 10, 2010 (10-10-10...cool -- and no mistake)

The other day I wrote a post thinking it was October 10. I'm not sure what calendar I was looking at, but it sure wasn't the right one.

So today is the tenth day of the tenth month of the tenth year in the century, and I just think things like that are neat. One time I woke up at 4:44 a.m. and had a powerful experience, and that time has stayed in my mind as special ever since.
My parents were married on 4-6-46, which makes it easy to remember their anniversary. I don't know if I was a numerologist in a former life or something, but numeric neatness is fun to me.

These little oddities make us more interesting, in my opinion. Sometimes others think we're weird because of them, but that's okay. They probably do something weird, too...which can make them more interesting, as well.

So take a look at yourself and those around you. What little quirks do you find? Do you find them to be annoying? Funny? Cool? I recommend enjoying the little oddities. They're the gag-candles that won't go out on the birthday cake, the whoopie in your cushion.

Have some fun! Grab onto your oddities and have a giggle. Life's too interesting to let it get boring.

2 comments:

peanutt said...

I love numbers! they are fun and very interesting...are they speaking to us in a way we can't initially see? a hidden message? I, usually on a daily basis see 1:11, 3:33, and the most popular for the last year and a half is 11:11. i'v read up on a bit of this , trying to find what i can. If your so inclined you might want to do so as well, very interesting stuff going on with those particular numbers...also 4:44 as you mentioned. well nice to have read some of your blog...love indigo opal (Cherity) :)

Kate J. Thompson said...

Hi, Cherity. Nice to hear from a fellow number-lover. Do you have any websites or something to suggest regarding number significance? Sounds interesting. Thanks for your comments.