Friday, June 11, 2010

Great Observations for the Rest of June

Friday, June 11, 2010

As I try to get back into the swing of things since my knee replacement, and as I'm able to stay up without falling asleep every ten minutes...I offer you some of the worthy celebrations and observances for the rest of the month.

At the top of my list is Abused Women and Children's Awareness Day, which is today. What can you do today (and in days to come) to become both more aware and more proactive to help women and children who are being, or have been, abused?

If you are one of those women or children, I urge you to ask someone for help. Actually, ask as many people as it takes to get support and help, which can make such a difference in your life. I know this to be true from my own experience.

Here is the rest of the list for June. I can't imagine any negative impact that could come from becoming more active in some way or from praying for or sending loving energy to those included in the observances below:
  • Family Awareness Day - June 18
  • Universal Father's Week - June 18-24
  • Father's Day June 20
  • Let It Go Day - June 23
  • Celebrate Your Marriage Day
  • Gay and Lesbian Pride Month
  • Effective Communication Month
  • International People Skills Month
  • International Men's Month http://www.menshealthweek.org/
  • Children's Awareness Month
  • Rebuild Your Life Month
And let me pass on to you three observances that are just too good to be true: National Candy Month (who besides a dentist could argue with this one?), National Rivers Month, and get this...Carpenter Ant Awareness Week June 21-27. I urge you to become more informed and aware of the challenges facing carpenter ants in these troubled times.

No comments: