Friday, July 9, 2010

How to Use This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Now that I've had my blog going for a year, it might be a good idea to pass on some pointers for using it. I didn't do so before, as I wanted to work the kinks out; plus, life has happened in difficult ways this winter, so I'm just getting back into the swing.

I have been delighted to discover how much I enjoy keeping this blog. Its eight sections are:
  1. blog posts -- Most of these are dated. In each post, I offer information, suggestions, and resources to help with relationships, healing and personal growth. At the bottom of each post you'll see the small green word "comments." I would love it if you'd click that link and leave a comment, telling what you thought of the post or how it helped you. I do my best to respond to every comment. Below the comments, you'll see the labels -- or main topics -- covered in that post. Posts are located on the left side of your screen. Everything else is located on the right side of your screen.
  2. A Helping Hand -- This is where I introduce myself and give an overview of my blog's purpose.
  3. Contact -- This section gives four ways to reach me or learn about me, plus a list of the types of services I offer.
  4. Blog Archive -- Here you'll find a chronological list of all my posts. Click on any year or month to see what I wrote during that time; then click on any titles that interest you.
  5. Links -- This brief list offers links that I think are relevant to this blog or which I wish to support by mentioning them here.
  6. Labels -- This long alphabetical list helps you find information or support on a particular topic. The number beside each label shows how many posts refer to that label. To explore a topic, just click on the green word (such as "abuse" or "responsibility"), and you'll be taken to a page in my blog which shows every post using that label. To return to the most current page of my blog, just click the header (Kate Thompson on Manitoulin) or the Refresh button on your browser.
  7. Followers -- These are people who check into my blog regularly or who want to show support for the blog. To become a follower, which requires nothing of you, click the "Follow" button near the top of this section. A new window will open that takes you through a very brief sign-up process. If you do this, I thank you! If you don't, I still thank you for checking out my blog.
  8. Twitter Updates -- Though I've fallen behind this winter, you can connect to me easily on Twitter by clicking those links. I'd love to hear from you there or any way mentioned in my Contact section.
I hope you've found this explanation useful. I invite you to bookmark my blog in your Favourites or to follow me. Maybe I'll be able to lend you a helping hand sometime, or maybe your comments will be useful to someone else.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: